Q: What is Xbox Community Level?
Xbox Community Level is a program that recognizes and rewards good behaviors in the Xbox Live Community. Our members can complete designated actions to earn experience points (XP) and program tenure; by acquiring XP and tenure, members level up in the program, scoring sweet loot along the way!
Q: How do I earn XP?
Experience points (XP) are earned by completing activities in different specializations. Some specializations may have a fixed amount of XP for every action, while other specializations - such as Xbox Community Ambassadors - may have dynamic XP rewards based on the quality of an action. For more information on how to earn XP for a given specialization, please visit that specialization's section below in the FAQ.
Q: How do I earn tenure?
Tenure is earned simply by being a member of an Xbox Community Level specialization. Specifically, you will accrue one day of tenure for every day you are a member of at least one specialization.
Q: How many levels are in the program?
There are 15 levels in Xbox Community Level. The XP and tenure requirements are as follows:
- Level One: 100 XP, 0 Days
- Level Two: 350 XP, 14 Days
- Level Three: 800 XP, 30 Days
- Level Four: 1500 XP, 60 Days
- Level Five: 2500 XP, 90 Days
- Level Six: 3850 XP, 120 Days
- Level Seven: 5600 XP, 150 Days
- Level Eight: 7800 XP, 180 Days
- Level Nine: 10500 XP, 210 Days
- Level Ten: 13750 XP, 250 Days
- Level Eleven: 17600 XP, 300 Days
- Level Twelve: 22100 XP, 360 Days
- Level Thirteen: 27300 XP, 420 Days
- Level Fourteen: 33250 XP, 480 Days
- Level Fifteen: 40000, 540 Days
Q: What kind of loot can I earn?
Xbox Community Level includes the following loot:
- Xbox Live Arcade Games
- Avatar Items
- Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions
- Sweepstakes Tickets
For a full breakdown of loot available through the program, please visit the loot page.
Q: How do I join the program?
To join Xbox Community Level, you must qualify for at least one XCL specialization. To view specializations and their requirements, please visit the apply page. If you qualify for a specialization - as indicated by the page - you can apply by following the steps provided.
Q: What is a specialization?
A specialization is a set of related activities that you can complete to earn XP, accrue tenure, and help make Xbox Live a better place! Each specialization has its own distinct set of activities, and as such, each has its own requirements and rewards. For more information on the specializations currently available, please view the Xbox Community Ambassadors and Enforcement United Beta sections of the FAQ below. To apply for a specialization, visit the apply page.
Q: How do I join a specialization?
Specializations that you qualify for will be indicated on the apply page. To apply, simply follow the steps indicated in that specialization's section.
Q: Why don’t I qualify for a specialization?
Specializations that you don't qualify for are shown on the bottom of the apply page
. The specific reason(s) for which your account does not qualify are shown in red.
Q: Where can I get support for Xbox Community Level?
For further questions regarding Xbox Community Level, please contact @XboxSupport
on Twitter, or make a post in the Official Xbox Support Forums
Q: How do I get my loot?
You can claim your loot after leveling up by visiting the loot page
. Your available loot will be highlighted in green. To claim your loot, simply click on the loot you would like to receive, and select, "Claim Loot." You will be prompted to confirm your selection, after which you will be awarded the loot you have selected.
Q: Can I get all of the loot shown on the loot page?
For levels that have multiple loot options, only one option can be claimed per user. For instance, Level 3 offers a choice between sweepstakes tickets, '80s avatar gear, and fantasy avatar gear; a user can only select one of these three options for their Level 3 loot reward. Please note that certain loot options will lock you into a path for your following levels. Keeping with this same example, a user who selects sweepstakes tickets for Level 3 can only earn sweepstakes tickets for Levels 4 and 5.
Q: Once I start down a certain loot path, can I change my mind?
Short answer, no. At Level 3 and Level 6, you are prompted to choose between a sweepstakes-tickets-only option, and an option that includes avatar items as well as a lesser number of tickets. These paths will 'lock' you in for the next three levels. For instance, if you choose sweepstakes tickets at Level 3, you will only be able to select sweepstakes tickets for Levels 4 and 5. After selecting a given loot path, you cannot opt out of that path. Be sure to choose wisely!
Q: How do I get my shout outs?
When you claim a shout out, the loot window for that item will display the scheduled date for your shout out. You can return to the loot page to view that shout out at any time. However, once claimed and scheduled, a shout out cannot be rescheduled. Also, please keep in mind that some shout outs - such as tweets from @Xbox or @XboxSupport - will require a manual entry from the Xbox Community Level team, so be sure to check back for your shout out date at a later time if instructed to do so by the loot window!
Q: How do I get my sweepstakes tickets?
When you claim sweepstakes tickets, your tickets will be applied to your profile automatically. You can view all of your available sweepstakes tickets on the sweepstakes page
Q: How do I check my progress in XCL?
You can view your progress on your profile page
. Your profile page shows your total XP and tenure earned, your current level, your progress to next level, your specializations, and the amount of activities you've completed, based on how you've customized your profile page.
Q: How often is my profile updated?
Profiles are updated in near real time. However, there may be a delay based on how long a given specialization takes to process your participation.
Q: Can I customize my profile?
You can customize your profile to show up to three XP activities as well as your current specializations. To edit these fields, select 'Manage my XP breakdown' and 'Manage my Specializations' on the profile page. The order in which you select your activities and specializations will be reflected on your profile.
Q: How do I enter the Xbox Community Level Sweepstakes?
You can enter the Xbox Community Level Sweepstakes by visiting the sweepstakes page
and entering the number of tickets you would like to submit. You cannot submit more tickets than you have available. When you have entered your desired amount, press 'Submit' and your tickets will be entered in the current month's drawing. Once submitted, tickets cannot be withdrawn.
Q: How do I earn tickets?
You can earn tickets by leveling up and earning loot in Xbox Community Level. Some levels include an option to earn sweepstakes tickets instead of avatar gear or games, which you can choose if you want to increase your chances of scoring a sweepstakes prize. Be sure to check out the loot page
for more info. Lastly, some specialization challenges may offer sweepstakes tickets as a bonus reward.
Q: Is there a limit to how many tickets I can enter?
You can enter as many sweepstakes tickets as you have available.
Q: What kind of prizes are offered?
Prizes can include the following: Xbox consoles, Xbox games, Xbox Live Arcade Games, Xbox Live Gold Subscriptions, Xbox Community Level gear, and more!
Q: How many people can win a given sweepstakes?
Sweepstakes can have between one and five winners per month. The number of eligible winners will be posted on the sweepstakes page
during the sweepstakes period.
Q: How will I know if I won a sweepstakes?
Winners will be notified at the contact email address associated with their Microsoft Account. Winners for the previous month are also posted on the sweepstakes page
Q: Where can I find more information about how the sweepstakes works?
The sweepstakes rules, terms, and conditions are available at the bottom of the sweepstakes page
Q: What is Xbox Community Ambassadors?
Xbox Community Ambassadors is a program where knowledgeable and helpful Xbox fans can assist their fellow gamers by answering support questions. Ambassadors represent some of the best and brightest users on Xbox Live, and receive official recognition on the Xbox Forums and on the Xbox Community Level site. By making support assists, Ambassadors earn XP for their Xbox Community Level, and can rank up as an Ambassador to earn even more exclusive loot!
Q: How can I help as an Ambassador?
Ambassadors can answer support questions via chat through one main channels: The Ambassabank of Questions. The Ambassabank is a stream of all available questions, from which Ambassadors can choose what questions they want. Ambassadors can also assist other gamers in the forums by answering questions in the Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox on Mobile Support forums.
Q: How do I use the Ambassabank?
To take questions from the Ambassabank:
- Visit the Ambassabank page, and sign in if you aren't signed in already.
- Click on a question to view it in more detail.
- To take that question, simply click "I'll take it!" and the conversation will open in a new tab.
- If you decide you don't want to take a question, simply click "Nevermind" and the question will return to the queue. You can also click "Troll" if the question is offensive or abusive.
- When a chat has ended, you can close the tab and return to the Ambassabank for more questions!
Q: How many questions can I take from the Ambassabank?
You can take as many questions as you like from the Ambassabank! However, you can only have one conversation open at a time.
Q: Why don’t I see any questions in the Ambassabank?
If the Ambassabank is empty and displays the message, "There are no questions to display," then there are currently no available questions. Stay tuned though - questions appear in real time, and are asked frequently throughout the day.
Q: How can I help in the Xbox Support Forums?
The Xbox Community Level team works closely with the Forums Support Team to track and validate Ambassador contributions in the forums. To this end, the Forums Support Team has provided the following guidelines that should help maximize your helpfulness with every post, and ensure you're receiving XP:
- Make sure your posts are detailed where appropriate. Links to Support.Xbox.com resources when describing a solution are always welcome!
- Make sure you are not posting something that has already been posted in the thread. However, if you have something to add to that solution, that will be counted for XP!
- If the OP has mentioned that their issue has been resolved, then further suggestions or posts will no longer be counted. This also goes for posts that have been verified by the OP, as this indicates the issue is resolved.
- Check the time stamp of the original post, and don't bump threads that are months old in order to find something to answer. It's likely these posts are older, already resolved, and are not likely to help the OP.
- Check to ensure your post is accurate and contains valid steps for the OP's issue. Suggestions that would not help with the issue at hand (i.e., recommending that someone clear their memory cache if someone is asking where to find game content online) will not be counted. Valid and accurate steps will increase your chance of getting your post counted and/or verified, which earns a sweet XP bump!
- Check your tone for friendliness! Posts with condescending or negative tone will not be counted, and may result in removal from the Ambassadors program.
Q: What can I earn as an Ambassador?
Ambassadors can earn unique loot items including forum badges, custom Ambassadors avatar items, Gamertag shout outs on the Community Level website, custom dashboard themes, a feature on Gamer Spotlight
, and more!
Q: What are the requirements for becoming an Ambassador?
To qualify for the Ambassadors program, you must:
- Be at least 13 years of age or older
- Have at least 1500 Gamerscore
- Have no prior Enforcement actions against your account
- Have an active Xbox Live Gold Membership
Q: Why are there requirements to be an Ambassador?
Our requirements are designed to help us invite community members who are both knowledgeable and helpful into the program, so that we can provide the best experience for the Ambassadors community, as well as the rest of the community who are connected to Ambassadors via chat and forums. These requirements also help us ensure that we're not admitting users who want to abuse the privileges associated with the Xbox Community Ambassadors program, which could compromise the safety and integrity of Ambassador chat and forum interactions.
Q: Is there anything else I should know as an Ambassador?
Ambassadors are expected to comply with the Xbox Live Code of Conduct
. Additionally, because Ambassadors provide peer-to-peer support with the official blessing of Microsoft, we have the following additional requirements:
- Ambassadors should NEVER request personal information, including but not limited to: Email address, billing information, personally identifiable information, and 5x5 codes for digital content on Xbox Live. Doing so will result in immediate removal from the program, and possible enforcement action.
- If indicating Ambassadorship outside of Xbox Live, such as on a third party website or chat room, Ambassadors should NOT provide incorrect information, act in an unbecoming way, or otherwise violate the Xbox Live Code of Conduct. Doing so can result in removal from the program.
- Ambassadors should make a best attempt to be helpful in support interactions. Ambassadors with an average chat rating of 4.0 or below are subject to removal from the program, as are Ambassadors who are obtrusive or markedly unhelpful in the Official Xbox Forums.
- Ambassadors should never abuse or attempt to cheat the Ambassadors chat system. Doing so will result in immediate removal from the program.
Q: Where can I learn more about the Enforcement United beta?
For more information on the Enforcement United beta, please visit the Enforcement United beta FAQ